Roxburgh Medical Services Trust is proud to bring you a range of comprehensive health services.
We work closely with local health providers including the Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Midwives, Plunket, Public Health Nurses, District Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health, Hospital Specialists, ACC, Care Givers and Rest Homes.
Roxburgh Medical Services Trust - Central to your Health
- We provide FREE consultation for registered children under fourteen years of age.
- Childhood immunisations.
- General health checks.
- Care of the unwell child.
- Access to paediatrician specialised care.
- Liaison with Plunket and midwives to monitor developments.
- Provide information about mammograms and the Breast Screening Programme.
- Discussion and provision of contraception, removal of IUDs.
- FREE cervical smears to patients if they meet the following criteria as set by the Ministry of Health:
- All Maori, Pacific Island and Asian women, or any female with a Community Services Card aged between 20 and 69 years who are due, overdue or never had a smear.
- All other ethnicities aged 30-69 years who have NOT had a smear in the last 5 years OR never had a smear.
- For everyone else who does not meet this criteria, you will be charged $45.00 whether it is the Nurse or Nurse Practitioner that performs the procedure.
Men's and Boy's Health
Men's and Boy's Health
The Public Health Service covers the school-based immunistaions only they cannot offer this vaccine to boys over 12 years.This is available through the Medical Centre free of charge. Mens' wellbeing and health services including-
- Healthy heart checks.
- Prostrate checks with male General Practitioner.
- The HPV vaccine is free for boys aged 9 - 26 years. This immunisation helps protect against a number of viruses that can cause several cancers in both men and women, and is most effective when given early.
The Public Health Service covers the school-based immunistaions until 12 years old. This vaccine is available through the Medical Centre free of charge for boys over 12 years.
- Our nurses have been trained for specialist roles including:
- Wound care, dressings and removal of stitches.
- Blood tests and blood pressure checks.
- Pregnancy tests.
- Smoking advice.
- ECG (Electocardiogram) checks.
- Ear syringing.
- Cervical smears and STI checks.
- Plastering and splinting.
- Immunisations - Nurses can offer advice on childhood immunisations as well as travel, tetanus and flu vaccinations.
- Cardiovascular risk assessment, including blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar checks.
- Diabetes education and advice.
- Comprehensive health check-ups, screening and advice for people of all ages.
- Advice on healthy lifestyles including diet and exercise.
- Immunisations and baby checks.
- Pregnancy tests and early pregnancy care.
- Driver medicals.
- Minor surgery including mole assessment, wart and some skin cancer removal.
- Comprehensive travel medicine advice and vaccinations.
- Smoking cessation.
- Sexual health and cervical screening.
- Palliative care.
- Meals on wheels.
- Speech therapy.
- Liquid nitrogen.
- We strongly recommend flu vaccines for all patients with any of the below conditions. Please contact us if you need help with transport.
- Aged 65 or over.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Chronic Respiratory disease.
- Chronic Renal disease.
- Other conditions may apply - please ask the Practice Nurse.